09 Dec Beet Latkes Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- 20 oz. shredded raw beets
- ½ a large onion, shredded or finely diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- goat cheese (I used a 7oz. tube)
- oil for frying
1. Finely slice the goat cheese into rounds and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
2. Mix the shredded beets, onion, flour, eggs and salt.
3. Pour 2-4 tbsp. of oil into the frying pan and heat on medium-high.
4. Use a spoon, or a small measuring cup (1/8 cup) to scoop up the batter. Gently place a spoon of batter in the pan and flatten it.
5. Place a piece of goat cheese on top of the batter, then cover the goat cheese with another scoop of batter.
6. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then gently flip the latkes and fry for another 1-2 minutes on the second side. When ready, the latkes will be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, with the goat cheese deliciously melted.
7. Repeat until batter is finished.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Cook It Kosher