15 Apr Carrot and Beet Slaw with Pistachios and Raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 6 medium carrots (about 1 lb.), peeled, julienned
- 2 medium beets (any color; about 1 lb.), peeled, julienned
- ½ cup (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
2. Combine garlic, raisins, and vinegar in a large bowl; let sit 1 hour.
3. Remove garlic from raisin mixture and discard. Add carrots, beets, pistachios, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Add oil; toss gently.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit