28 Oct Cranberry Salad
Posted at 23:20h in Recipes
- 1, (10 oz.) bag fresh whole cranberries (about 3 cups)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1, (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until fine and no large pieces remain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain any accumulated juices from the cranberries and reserve for another use, and then mix in the marshmallows and drained pineapple. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl (using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or hand held mixer) until it begins to thicken, about 1 minute, and then beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture, one third at a time, until fully incorporated. Transfer to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 2 hours. Right before serving, top with the pomegranate seeds.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Love To Be In The Kitchen