03 Feb Cucumber and Citrus Refresher
Posted at 16:51h in Recipes
Yield: 1 gallon
- Cucumber, hot house, 1/4-inch slices – 1 each
- Lemons, 1/4-inch slices – 2 each
- Orange, 1/4-inch slices – 1 each
- Limes, 1/4-inch slices – 3 each
- Mint or lemon verbena leaves – 20 each
- In a clear glass gallon container half filled with ice cubes, add cucumber and citrus slices and muddle lightly (slices should be whole, not broken or mashed).
- Bruise herb leaves lightly and add to container. Top with still mineral water. Stir and allow water to chill and flavors to mingle about 20 minutes. Serve cold.
Source: Chef/Instructor Bill Briwa Culinary Institute of America at Greystone – St. Helena, Calif., USA PlateOnline.com