14 Oct Honey Apple Cheddar Bacon Panini
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded havarti cheese
- 1 honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- honey, for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat a Panini press or large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Spread the outside of each slice of bread with butter. Spread the inside of half of the slices of bread with apple butter. On top of the apple butter, evenly layer the cheeses, apples, and bacon. Drizzle honey over top and sprinkle with thyme. Add the top piece of bread, buttered side facing up.
3. Place the sandwiches, one at a time, into the Panini press and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve each sandwich with a drizzle of honey and fresh thyme. EAT.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Half Baked Harvest