14 Oct Pumpkin pancakes with caramel pecan sauce
Posted at 04:17h in Recipes
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted and aerated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (up to 1 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- store-bought (or homemade) caramel sauce or homemade dulce de leche (cooked condensed milk)
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined, and the mixture is of even consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg – mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat up a griddle to medium heat, grease lightly if necessary. Use 1/4 measuring cup to ladle each pancake on the griddle. Cook until golden brown, flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve pancakes, drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with chopped pecans. Alternatively, serve them with homemade dulce de leche (cooked condensed milk), made a day in advance.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Julia’s Album